In Electrical, we are tasked with designing and building an electrical board for the competition robot each season. The electrical system on the robot is responsible for powering all of the mechanisms the team designs and builds for the robot. You can think of it as your circulatory and nervous system but for the robot. The electrical subgroup works closely with Design, Programing, and Controls to make sure that the board we create will be able to accomplish all of the things we need it to.
- Electrical board design and wire management.
- Working with Controls to integrate sensors on the robot.
- Battery maintenance and performance tests.
- Pneumatics for gearboxes and mechanisms requiring pistons.
- Installing LEDs on the robot for practical and aesthetic purposes.
- If you enjoy RC cars or Redstone in Minecraft, you may like Electrical!